[Lnc-business] Membership Recruitment

david.demarest at lp.org david.demarest at lp.org
Fri Mar 9 08:49:40 EST 2018

What is your political motivation for demonizing voluntary recruitment of LP members, volunteers, and registrations by anyone, regardless of the context, their title, and whether they are local, state or national candidates? Caryn Ann's well-known recruiting efforts deserve our admiration. Opportunistic criticism of Caryn Ann's efforts will earn neither my admiration nor my political support.

Following my 'retirement' from First Data next Friday, March 16 at the tender age of 77, like Caryn Ann, I will be at conventions every weekend starting March 24 through Memorial Day, plus a speaking tour this fall, all at no expense to the party. In the spirit of transparency, I will be tabling at most of these events for the Roads to Freedom UnConvention/Foundation. This fall I will also be plugging my literary efforts as I launch my Libertarian advocacy writing career. Short of a restraining order, I will also use all these events as an opportunity to recruit LP members, volunteers, and registrations despite any attempts to cast aspersions on my efforts and transparent motivations.

Following in Caryn Ann's footsteps, I will gladly distribute whatever LP material that the LP deems appropriate at no cost to the party, even if those materials are procured at my personal expense. We all like to be appreciated for what we do. My overriding priority, however, has always been and will always be freedom, nothing more, nothing less. Promoting Libertarianism, the LP, and the voluntary sector strikes me as an appropriate and moral means to noble ends. Political opportunism does not.

Thoughts?