[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-05: Suspension of Arvin Vohra

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Tue Apr 3 02:47:03 EDT 2018

Yes

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:16 AM, Alicia Mattson <agmattson at gmail.com> wrote:

>    We have an electronic mail ballot.
>    Votes are due to the LNC-Business list by April 12, 2018 at 11:59:59pm
>    Pacific time.
>
>    Co-Sponsors:  Harlos, Van Horn, Katz, Hayes, Goldstein, Redpath,
>    Hewitt, O'Donnell
>    Motion:
>    WHEREAS, the Libertarian Party holds the non-initiation of force as its
>    cardinal principle and requires each of its members certify that they
>    neither advocate or believe in violent means to achieve political or
>    social goals.
>    RESOLVED, that the Libertarian National Committee suspends Arvin Vohra
>    from his position of Vice-Chair for sustained and repeated unacceptable
>    conduct that brings the principles of the Libertarian Party into
>    disrepute, including making and defending a statement advocating lethal
>    violence against state employees who are not directly threatening
>    imminent physical harm. Such action is in violation of our membership
>    pledge. These actions further endanger the survival of our movement and
>    the security of all of our members without their consent.
>    -Alicia

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*