[Lnc-business] Motion to Allocate a contribution for the reelection of New Hampshire Legislators -requesting co-sponsors

Justin O'Donnell justin.odonnell at lp.org
Sun Apr 22 18:38:39 EDT 2018

Members of the LNC,

In the vein of supporting our sitting Libertarian Legislators across the
country in their bids for reelection, I want to bring to the attention
of the committee, our two sitting state representatives in New
Hampshire.

Campaigns in New Hampshire are not your typical Legislative races we are
used to across the country, and also not nearly as demanding or cost
intensive as Senator Ebke’s re-election in Nebraska. Our legislative
districts are so small, and the voter base so attuned, that it is
actually crucial that we manage to get in person face time between our
candidates and their constituents as often as possible, while still
continuing to utilize traditional campaign strategies such as direct
mail and local signage. Furthermore, New Hampshire does hold the
distinction of actually having elected big L Libertarian State
legislators in the past. In 1992, New Hampshire voters elected 4
Registered Libertarians in Partisan races to the General Court. Don
Gorman, Andy Borsa, Finlay Rothhaus, and Calvin Warburton were elected
as the nation’s first Libertarian Legislative Caucus. In 1994,
Representative was re-elected, along with a 5th Libertarian
Representative, Jim McClarin. And in 2000, Representative Steve
Vaillancourt was elected as a Libertarian to the same body, however
without any additional members with whom to form a caucus.

New Hampshire has elected 6 Partisan Libertarian legislators in its
history, and I aim to work diligently to increase that number to 8 by
working towards the re-election of Caleb Dyer and Brandon Phinney into
the House as Registered Libertarians so that The second Libertarian
Caucus can continue their service for another term.

To these ends, I am requesting that the LNC contribute the Maximum
allowable contribution of $1,000 to each Representative Caleb Dyer, and
Representative Brandon Phinney, in support of their re-election
campaigns.

I hereby move, and request co-sponsors, a motion to allocate $1,000 each
towards the re-election campaigns for Representative Caleb Dyer
(L-Hillsborough 37) and Representative Brandon Phinney (L-Strafford 24).

--
Yours in Liberty,

Justin O'Donnell
LNC Region 8 Representative