[Lnc-business] Complaint from state affiliate

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Sat May 5 12:53:43 EDT 2018

I agree with Chair Spangler.  LPCO would be pretty salty if that happened
to us.

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 11:53 AM Daniel Hayes via Lnc-business <
lnc-business at hq.lp.org> wrote:

> For people that seem to snub their nose at the concept of National
> borders, Libertarians sure are petty in their defense of their own
> territories arbitrarily delineated by man.
>
> The PorcFest planners sent us requests for MONTHS.  They wanted to have a
> table at our NatCon.  There is NO authoritarian policy that exists that
> says the National Staff must kiss the ring of a state affiliate in order to
> do business with a private entity pursuing a relationship with the NATIONAL
> PARTY in a particular territory arbitrarily defined by men.
>
> Daniel Hayes
> LNC at Large Member
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On May 5, 2018, at 10:37 AM, Daniel Hayes via Lnc-business <
> lnc-business at hq.lp.org> wrote:
> >
> > Ya know what makes people look like amateurs? Petty little emails like
> this.
> >
> > Daniel Hayes
> >

> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On May 5, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Justin O'Donnell via Lnc-business <
> lnc-business at hq.lp.org> wrote:
> >>
> >>  All,
> >>  I've copied and pasted below, a request from one of my state chairs,
> >>  asking why the state party received no notice of an event being planned
> >>  in their state by national, and no invitation to help out or to
> >>  participate.
> >>  Do we not have such a policy to involve the state affiliates in our
> >>  outreach events?
> >>  Justin O'Donnell
> >>  LNC Region 8 Representative
> >>  Hi Justin,
> >>  I have a request for my LNC regional representative.
> >>  The other day, LPUS sent out a tweet about how they are planning to
> >>  attend PorcFest this
> >>  year: [1]https://twitter.com/LPNational/status/991687794702606336
> >>  Now as far as I know, there was no notification about this to the
> >>  leadership of the state party prior to the announcement. It's possible
> >>  something got lost because of the transition of leadership, or
> >>  something was sent a long time ago, but as far as I know, no
> >>  notification was sent from LPUS to LPNH regarding their plans at
> >>  PorcFest.
> >>  I'm trying to remember whether or not Rachel mentioned anything to me a
> >>  while ago - it's possible but I don't remember such a notification.
> >>  Regardless of whether or not that happened, I don't think it's a lot to
> >>  ask that the state party leadership receive notice from LPUS when they
> >>  are planning to attend a notable event in our state. Coordination
> >>  between the national and the state party is a useful thing, especially
> >>  so that efforts are not duplicated and we can make the most of our
> >>  outreach efforts.
> >>  Can you please investigate as to whether or not any notice was sent
> >>  out, and if not, why it was not. I'd also like to know if there is any
> >>  policy that exists that requires LPUS to inform the state party of
> >>  notable events taking place. It's not unreasonable to expect that state
> [...]
Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*