[Lnc-business] 2018-2020 regional alignments

Alicia Mattson agmattson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 02:51:17 EDT 2018

>From the paperwork submitted at the convention, the regional alignments for
this term as shown below.  I've verified that each of these exceeds the 10%
threshold established in our bylaws.  Caryn Ann, I will send you scanned
copies of the agreements after I get home.  There are no substantial
shifts, so except for states that made a change, each could use the same
region number as the prior year.  I know I read off some (but not all) of
this info in the post-convention LNC meeting, but here's the rest, and
staff needs these details for the website.

Region 1 - Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, New Mexico,
Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
Rep - Richard Longstreth
Alt - Craig Bowden

Region 2 - Florida, Georgia, Tennessee
Rep - Steven Nekhaila
Alt - Victoria Page Lee (she goes by Page)

Region 3 - Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
Rep - Elizabeth Van Horn
Alt - Dustin Nanna

Region 4 - California, Nevada
Rep - Jeff Hewitt
Alt - Kenneth Brent Olsen

Region 5 - Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina,
Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia
Rep - Jim Lark
Alt - Susan Hogarth

Region 6 - Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota,
South Dakota, Wisconsin
Rep - John Phillips, Jr.
Alt - Phil Anderson

Region 7 - Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas
Rep - Whitney Bilyeu
Alt - Erin Adams

Region 8 - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey,
New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
Rep - Jim Rosenbeck
Alt - Jeff Lyons

48 states plus D.C. are listed above.  Two states have not joined a region,
those being Idaho and Mississippi.

Though this is not a bylaws provision, LNC Policy Manual Section 2.02.3
addresses non-region states as follows, "For any affiliate not in a region,
the Vice-Chair will serve the same intermediary role that Regional
Representatives serve for the affiliates in their respective regions."

-Alicia