[Lnc-business] Thrasher LPCT Ballot Access Plan

William Redpath william.redpath at lp.org
Thu Jul 12 12:48:31 EDT 2018

Good Morning Everyone,

As Paul mentioned, many of us have been in contact over the weekend with
regard to the Connecticut LP drive.

Not only do they have a great Gubernatorial candidate who has been
working hard himself to acquire volunteer signatures, Connecticut also
has a full slate of Statewide candidates to put on the ballot.

After talking with several national petitioners, it has been determined
that we do indeed have the labor pool to pull off this drive on short
notice.

If we are able to begin collecting next week, we will have ample time to
collect an additional 8,500 signatures, with a cap of 9,000 additional
signatures, for the turn in date on August 8th.

I have spoken at length to Dan Reale, and the LPCT has the ability to do
volunteer signature validity checks with a brand-new voter database
using their "machine of knowledge".

If it is agreeable, I am able to manage the drive, including housing for
national petitioners, and preparing and turning in the signatures,
including organization by town as per the statute.

The breakdown of what is necessary to pull this drive off is as follows:

 		Signatures Needed
 		8,500

 		Signature Collection Cap
 		9,000

 		Maximum Drive Costs

 		9,000 Signatures @ $4 per
 		$36,000.00

 		Printing & Expenses ($0.12):
 		$1,080.00

 		8% Possible Overage Cost
 		$2,880.00

 		Maximum Cost of Drive:
 		$39,960.00

 		Connecticut LP/Outside Fundrasing
 		$19,980.00

 		LNC Contribution
 		$19,980.00

 		Total:
 		$39,960.00

Collecting a maximum of 9,000 signatures, we will be able to put the
full slate of LPCT candidates on the ballot.

We are working now to get commitments to match what the request is of
the LNC. I have been in contact with an additional fundraiser, who is
able to begin immediately. Though I don't wish to speak too soon, I
think there is also the good possibility of a significant fundraising
contribution outside of any paid fundraising efforts.

I will be talking again with Dan Reale today about taking the next steps
to get the fundraising going. If we can get the ball rolling this week,
we should be able to get paid signatures on the ground asap. If the LNC
is prepared to make a contribution to this drive, I am confident the
LPCT will be able to match it through fundraising.

Thanks to everyone who has helped put this plan together.

If anyone has any comments or questions, please feel free to reach out
at any time.  Thanks again, and take care! -CT