[Lnc-business] Seeking Feedback: Blockchain and Retention/Outreach Committee

Alex Merced (LNC Vice Chair) alex.merced at lp.org
Fri Jul 13 13:48:07 EDT 2018

Before I put out a final version of these motions seeking co-sponsors, I wanted to give everyone a chance to give any feedback.

When I first started forming the wording for the outreach committee back in the previous term Sam Goldstein, Caryn Ann Harlos, Craig Bowden and David Demarest all gave me feedback and I used it to improve the motion but never put it forward due to the proximity to the National Convention.

I used what I learned from that and sought some additional Guidance from Mr. Goldstein from which I made further changes resulting in this version which I am now putting forth to the body for further evaluation. So please read and make any suggestions that would make these motions you’d feel comfortable co-sponsoring when proposed.

—————————————————-
Both Motions

Retention & Outreach Committee Motion

Create an ad hoc Retention & Outreach Committee to research and prepare a document and training detailing causes and trends of member losses and gains then making recommendations to the LNC on actions it can take to improve membership retention and growth. The document should also include suggestions that candidates and affiliates can take to identify and retain “at-risk” donors and volunteers and an appendix of members who are subject experts that are open to being resources for targeted outreach.

The Committee will prepare an outline of the document within the first six months of a new LNC term and submit a rough draft for approval no later than the fifth LNC meeting of the term.

The Committee will develop, with support of LNC Staff, training for candidates, their staff and affiliates both online and to be presented in LP training workshops.

The committee will be composed of 5 members with 2 LNC members/alternates and 3 non-LNC members of the LP.  All members are appointed by the LNC with an Interim Chair appointed by the LNC Chair.

The Committee will submit a final document at the LNC meeting immediately preceding the LP National Convention in 2020.

—————————

Blockchain Committee Motion

Create an ad hoc Blockchain Committee.

The Blockchain Committee will develop and make available to Libertarian Party affiliates and candidates for public office a document and training detailing Blockchain donation compliance info, outreach strategies, and issues in line with the LP platform for advocacy in the Blockchain space for use by candidates and affiliates.

The Committee will prepare an outline within the first six months of a new LNC term and submit a rough draft for approval no later than the fifth LNC meeting of the term.

The Committee will develop, with support of LNC Staff, training for candidates and their staff both online and to be presented in LP training workshops.

The committee will be composed of 7 members with 2 LNC members/alternates and 5 non-LNC members of the LP.  All members are appointed by the LNC with an Interim Chair appointed by the LNC Chair

The Committee will submit a final document at the LNC meeting immediately preceding the LP National Convention in 2020.

Alex Merced
Vice Chair of the Libertarian National Committee