[Lnc-business] Email Ballots

Sam Goldstein sam.goldstein at lp.org
Sun Jul 15 09:53:45 EDT 2018

This may sound like lecturing on my part, but a word of advice or
pleading to new LNC members.  I understand your enthusiasm for getting
things done but, for the most part, motions proposed and debated by
email ballot should be few and far between.  Please consider if what
youare proposing can be better done in about a 1/2 hour at an in person
meeting and also the urgency of the need for your proposal.

At this time I think we are voting on at least two motions with another
1/2 dozen in various stages of co-sponsoring or revision.  My LNC email
has so many threads that I can't keep them straight and people are
continuing discussion/argument on motions that are already in the voting
stage.

If you have interest in some matter that you think is important to the
future of the party, please form a working group for discussion off the
main LNC list then have a well thought out motion in hand for the next
LNC meeting.  Count noses before the meeting to see what kind of
reception your motion will get.  Seek advice from those not on the LNC
to determine acceptance by the membership if appropriate.

It may also be presumptive on my party, but keeping our Secretary
halfway sane and not overwhelmed with added work while she is adjusting
may not be a bad idea.

Of course, as Libertarians, you will do as you want but I do ask for
your consideration!

Live Free,

--
Sam Goldstein