[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-13: INDEPENDENT AUDIT OF JC RESULTS

john.phillips at lp.org john.phillips at lp.org
Sun Jul 15 16:03:01 EDT 2018

Yes.  I m sorry, that was my argument for people to vote no, not an attempt to not have the vote.
  If the results were going to affect anything I would be 100% behind an audit, as already stated.
However since the results now mean nothing, then why waste the time and effort to perform the audit?
As a co-sponsor tho I just elect to withhold my vote until later, in an effort to keep an open mind in case someone has an argument to convince me I am wrong.
John Phillips
Libertarian National Committee Region 6 Representative
Cell 217-412-5973
------ Original message------From: Caryn Ann Harlos Date: Sun, Jul 15, 2018 3:51 PMTo: john.phillips at lp.org;Cc: Caryn Ann Harlos via Lnc-business;Subject:Re: [Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-13: INDEPENDENT AUDIT OF JC RESULTS
John then I would say to vote no.  I personally would support motions to audit everything.
Once a motion is put out, it cannot be withdrawn without the consent of the body.  The issue is that such a withdrawal by email would also be a seven day window.
Since both of these were not flashed across the screen I think some would still want this ballot and thus a withdrawal would not be successful.  If Joe's potential "appeal committee" idea passes, this could be rendered moot.
I would suggest wait and see but now that this is before the body and votes recorded there is no graceful way to cease.
-Caryn Ann
On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 1:40 PM, john.phillips at lp.org <john.phillips at lp.org> wrote:

As the JC acknowledgement failed, I would say this is no longer necessary, despite it having been partially my suggestion.  At the time of the suggestion we were 9-1-2 on the acknowledging vote, which made it more important.
John Phillips
Libertarian National Committee Region 6 Representative
Cell 217-412-5973
------ Original message------From: Caryn Ann Harlos via Lnc-businessDate: Sun, Jul 15, 2018 3:17 PMTo: Libertarian National Committee list;Cc: Caryn Ann Harlos;Subject:[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-13: INDEPENDENT AUDIT OF JC RESULTS
We have an electronic mail ballot. Votes are due to the LNC-Business list
by July 22, 2018 at 11:59:59pm Pacific time. Co-Sponsors: Hagan, Harlos,
Longstreth, Phillips
Motion: Move that the LNC would have an audit of the Judicial Committee
ballots done by two independent auditors appointed by the Chair, ie someone
not in the race.  You can keep track of the Secretary's manual tally of
votes here: https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting

Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org  or Secretary at LP.org.
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee - LPedia at LP.org

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*

   tally of votes here: [1]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
   --
   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee - LPedia at LP.org
   A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
   We defend your rights
   And oppose the use of force
   Taxation is theft

References

   1. https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
   2. mailto:Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org

--
In Liberty,Caryn Ann HarlosLibertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary - Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org or Secretary at LP.org.Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee - LPedia at LP.org

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:We defend your rightsAnd oppose the use of forceTaxation is theft

-------------- next part --------------
   Yes.  I m sorry, that was my argument for people to vote no, not an
   attempt to not have the vote.
     If the results were going to affect anything I would be 100% behind
   an audit, as already stated.
   However since the results now mean nothing, then why waste the time and
   effort to perform the audit?
   As a co-sponsor tho I just elect to withhold my vote until later, in an
   effort to keep an open mind in case someone has an argument to convince
   me I am wrong.
   John Phillips
   Libertarian National Committee Region 6 Representative
   Cell [1]217-412-5973

   On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 1:40 PM, [3]john.phillips at lp.org
   As the JC acknowledgement failed, I would say this is no longer
   necessary, despite it having been partially my suggestion.  At the time
   of the suggestion we were 9-1-2 on the acknowledging vote, which made
   it more important.
   John Phillips
   Libertarian National Committee Region 6 Representative
   Cell [5]217-412-5973
We have an electronic mail ballot. Votes are due to the LNC-Business list
by July 22, 2018 at 11:59:59pm Pacific time. Co-Sponsors: Hagan, Harlos,
Longstreth, Phillips
Motion: Move that the LNC would have an audit of the Judicial Committee
ballots done by two independent auditors appointed by the Chair, ie someone
not in the race.  You can keep track of the Secretary's manual tally of
votes here: [6]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting

Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary - [7]Caryn.Ann.[8
]
Harlos at LP.org  or[9] Secretary at LP.org.
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee -[10] LPedia at LP.org

   tally of votes here: [1][11]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
   --
   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary -
   [2][12]Caryn.Ann.[13] Harlos at LP.org or[14] Secretary at LP.org.
   Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee -[15] LPedia at LP.org