[Lnc-business] Agenda in Phoenix

Craig Bowden craig.bowden at lp.org
Sat Jul 21 12:20:01 EDT 2018

We have been going over this, in circles, for two weeks. The facts are
the there were several balls dropped and we have no authority to do
anything, including a re-ballot.

Article 8(1): "The Judicial Committee shall be composed of seven Party
members elected at each Regular
Convention..." While I understand this has been changed to reflect
non-Presidential years, the reality is that we do not have the authority
to send out a ballot outside of a Regular convention under our bylaws.

We are going to have to deal with this at a Regular Convention. That is
the reality. That is the hard bullet that we all must bite for our parts
in the failure. Whether we didn't raise objections, didn't stay on the
floor, or moved to adjourn before addressing.

This is what we must accept. There is no JC.

Craig Bowden
Region 1 Alternate