[Lnc-business] AMEND POLICY MANUAL - Request for co-sponsors

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Fri Aug 3 06:36:44 EDT 2018

I was being so careful to be sensitive to the fact that some people
really object to the "their" usage (and they are really kicking
against the goads - it is an inevitable usage - just like those of us
who don't like the chicken are fighting the Glorious Lost Cause) that
I put "vote" on the wrong side of the [DEL] tags.  LOL.

It really surprises me how many people resist moving to gender neutral
language (as typified in the Platform Committee Survey results).  It
doesn't require affirming any ambiguity in genders--I favour it
because "his or her" is just damn awkward--with the added benefit that
this is how the English language is evolving.

-Caryn Ann