[Lnc-business] The Purging of Alex Jones

john.phillips at lp.org john.phillips at lp.org
Thu Aug 9 16:10:54 EDT 2018

Try reading it again.  I did not say the platform needed anything I said if we made a statement it should mirror the abortion plank.
I also did not say a statement should not be made, I said statements should be issued by candidates because it is an election year and the focus should be on them.
I also said I had already done so.  As have several other candidates.
John Phillips
Libertarian National Committee Region 6 Representative
Cell 217-412-5973
------ Original message------From: Caryn Ann HarlosDate: Thu, Aug 9, 2018 2:57 PMTo: john.phillips at lp.org;Cc: brent.olsen--- via Lnc-business;brent.olsen at lp.org;Subject:Re: [Lnc-business] The Purging of Alex Jones
And that is the excuse we used to be silent about Melissa's Sweet Cakes.
I never said any platform should be forced to do anything but that is not where the argument ends.
-Caryn Ann
On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 1:32 PM, john.phillips at lp.org <john.phillips at lp.org> wrote:

    Which is exactly why I said a party position should mirror the abortion platform, if we take one at all.
Personally I would say we are in an election year, let the candidates make their own statements and focus on them.
John Phillips
Libertarian National Committee Region 6 Representative
Cell 217-412-5973
------ Original message------From: brent.olsen--- via Lnc-businessDate: Thu, Aug 9, 2018 2:06 PMTo: lnc-business at hq.lp.org;Cc: brent.olsen at lp.org;Caryn Ann Harlos;Subject:Re: [Lnc-business] The Purging of Alex Jones
I am seeing a lot of divergent libertarian positions on this matter.
For some of us, like myself, it is a matter of freedom of association -
private organizations should not be forced to provide a platform for
speech they disagree with.  For some it is a restriction on free speech,
as they see these large corporations as monopolies with too much power
to restrict speech.  So I would have to see what was in the statement
before giving my thumbs up....

In Liberty,
Brent Olsen
Alternate, Region 4