[Lnc-business] Classy concession commentary from Aaron Day about LPNH nomination

Wes Benedict wes.benedict at lp.org
Thu Sep 20 11:45:20 EDT 2018

Very classy concession commentary from Aaron Day regarding the LPNH
primary for governor. I hope one day our campaigns for the Libertarian
Party Presidential nomination and LNC Chair can be this classy.

https://www.facebook.com/ardatlas/posts/10102478357932644?__tn__=K-R

          Aaron Day
          <https://www.facebook.com/ardatlas?hc_ref=ARTunv9rjLH8F3T4MUfu5bjxgNGK0u4Wq0UgbPWyb6b6O0G5OzjZEGcbj4NPi_j-cXA&fref=nf&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCky22A1n6zgVG9gYg9Ka1xHysg_jt5Imw5tBmilAv1FlSCEQ_hDMKv3TC0WQj6EHeCQP4BzSyDR8Vj-ZUoVDZEEEDH52LzbVbhkAhWSlRVCDHencmHjpRHvJQuemPoNReJnMP1dpOE4fQWli4LMG5nQryPEt-e-Ev7vTm0hf-dp9MtbEtUQHc&__tn__=C-R>

1 hr
<https://www.facebook.com/ardatlas/posts/10102478357932644?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCky22A1n6zgVG9gYg9Ka1xHysg_jt5Imw5tBmilAv1FlSCEQ_hDMKv3TC0WQj6EHeCQP4BzSyDR8Vj-ZUoVDZEEEDH52LzbVbhkAhWSlRVCDHencmHjpRHvJQuemPoNReJnMP1dpOE4fQWli4LMG5nQryPEt-e-Ev7vTm0hf-dp9MtbEtUQHc&__tn__=-R>·

I want to congratulate Jilletta Jarvis on winning the Libertarian
nomination for Governor. Jilletta has my vote and full support. I will
be voting the Libertarian ticket in November and urge you to as well.
This was a very close race, and I believe the primary helped drive more
people to the polls to vote Libertarian (we doubled the Secretary of
State's projections).

As many of you know, I entered this race very late. Jilletta had already
received the nomination from the LPNH. She graciously made a motion to
rescind the nomination at a special business meeting and reached out to
me to suggest that we keep the campaign positive. I agreed, and we both
held to that standard. The nastiness coming from the other two parties
during this campaign is one of the reasons people are sick of politics.
Others would do well to follow the Libertarian example.

I ran for Governor for two reasons. First, I have completely lost faith
in the two-party system and believe that the Libertarian Party is the
only political path forward to achieve liberty in our lifetime. Second,
I wanted to promote what I view as the two major threats to liberty in
New Hampshire: a loss of solvency and a loss of sovereignty.

I am pleased to announce that I will be able to continue to pursue both
as I have accepted the Libertarian nomination for Sheriff for
Hillsborough County. The Sheriff is the top law enforcement officer in
the county and is accountable only to the people. We need a Sheriff who
will protect our individual rights, rights as a state, and reinforce the
idea that law enforcement is accountable to the people. I will be
announcing my platform later in the week, but you can expect civil asset
forfeiture, police militarization, the 4th & 10th Amendments to the US
Constitution, Article 10 of the New Hampshire Constitution, jury
nullification, and Citizen Grand Juries to be highlighted.

Building the Libertarian Party will not happen in 1 or 2 election
cycles. It will take great effort, endurance, and, above all, adherence
to principles over politics. For decades, the arrogance and impunity of
the leadership of the two-party duopoly has driven the Granite State to
be dependent on Federal funds, to the brink of financial ruin, and at
the same time, whittled away at our individual rights. We won't fix the
many problems plaguing our state overnight, but we can course-correct
the direction. Today, as I look back to where the Libertarian Party was
before, to where we are now, we have come a long way with more than 30
candidates running statewide. Currently, three Libertarians served in
the NH Legislature during the last legislative session, and more people
are joining the party every day. I have great hope for New Hampshire’s
future.

The LPNH is like an entrepreneurial startup competing against two crony
behemoths that use “too big to fail” as their rallying cry. Vote,
volunteer, run for office, or donate to the LPNH and Libertarian
candidates. Individual rights are “too important to fail”.

Live free or die!

--
Wes Benedict, Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee, Inc.
(202) 333-0008 ext. 232,wes.benedict at lp.org
facebook.com/libertarians @LPNational
Join the Libertarian Party at:http://lp.org/membership

-------------- next part --------------
   Very classy concession commentary from Aaron Day regarding the LPNH
   primary for governor. I hope one day our campaigns for the Libertarian
   Party Presidential nomination and LNC Chair can be this classy.

   [1]https://www.facebook.com/ardatlas/posts/10102478357932644?__tn__=K-R

[2]
Aaron Day

   [3]1 hr ·