[Lnc-business] approved convention minutes

Alicia Mattson alicia.mattson at lp.org
Sat Oct 6 03:54:29 EDT 2018

Attached are the approved convention minutes.  Staff please post to the
website (replacing the draft version) when you get a chance to do so.

The text that I added to the Election Anomalies appendix regarding the Sept
28 audit reads as follows:

After the convention, the LNC adopted a motion directing that two tellers
appointed by the LNC Chair conduct a second audit of the At-Large election
results.  The Chair appointed Duke Van Horn and Richard Longstreth as
tellers, and the second audit was also conducted with the original physical
ballots cast by the delegates and the original physical state delegation
tally sheets.  Their subsequent audit found the following one additional
issue:

WA – a delegate had cast a vote for “Joe Benchman”.  With a handwritten
misspelling, both the state delegation and I had credited this vote to Joe
Buchman.  The tellers in the second audit noted that the same delegate had
already voted for Joe Buchman, and it was more likely that the delegate
intended to vote for Joe Bishop-Henchman.  I agreed with their assessment.

I updated the data in the table immediately following to reflect that
1-vote shift.

-Alicia