[Lnc-business] Handy chart on FEC contribution limits?

Starchild starchild at lp.org
Mon Feb 19 04:30:03 EST 2018

	They've still got quite a distance to go in catching up to the federal tax code in terms of being a truly prodigious tangle of bureaucratic complexity, but the FEC and its rules for political contributions are making an Augean effort. They've apparently developed their regulatory bureaucracy to the point of finding it prudent to offer a chart on their website displaying data on who can give how much to whom and when, which makes their rules clear and easy to understand... as mud – or some substance of similar appearance.*

	Anyway, I thought some in our organization might find this FEC chart I came across marginally useful, given alternative presumably less compact and more obfuscating sources of such information, so I've attached a screenshot.

(From https://transition.fec.gov/pages/brochures/contriblimits.shtml)

Love & Liberty,

                                    ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
                         RealReform at earthlink.net
                                  (415) 625-FREE
                                     @StarchildSF

*The chart, which I just found this evening, is labeled "Contribution Limits 2013-14" and is described as containing "the most up-to-date information", yet some of the donation limits listed are noted as being "increased for inflation in odd-numbered years". You tell me.