[Lnc-business] Request for co-sponsors - Motion for independent vote audit

Richard Longstreth richard.longstreth at lp.org
Wed Jul 11 07:28:35 EDT 2018

In the name of transparency, I move to that the LNC would have an audit of
the At Large ballots done by two independent auditors appointed by the
Chair, ie someone not in the race. I am asking for co-sponsors.

===

I have been in contact with at least one state chair and several concerned
Region 1 members in the last 6 hours who have asked why we aren't doing an
independent audit and their thoughts resonate with my own in terms of
transparency and fairness.

Imagine if this was a government function and the person who an election by
a narrow margin was the only one auditing. I am interested in preserving
the integrity of the LNC and the only way to do this is with an independent
audit. While I appreciate Alicia's efforts, I think it proper that she
turns the task over.

Richard Longstreth
Region 1