[Lnc-business] Debates and News Coverage

Craig Bowden craig.bowden at lp.org
Mon Aug 20 15:20:44 EDT 2018

To All:

I would like to address something I think would be great if we all
committed to doing this: focus on debates and media coverage for the
next couple weeks. This is when debates start popping up with candidates
and coverage becomes more frequent. The "hot time" if you will.

As Regional Representatives and Alternates, we definitely need to have
this as one of our focuses, but I would love to see the whole LNC
participate in the efforts they take.

Imagine if we were all talking about various candidates in the news and
pushing them into meeting debate thresholds? We would be able to make
some great progress.

One of the things I have personally been doing, is picking one candidate
from Region 1 each week and seeing what I can do to either (1) help them
get news, (2) share available news, (3) just talk about how awesome they
are to others, and (4) see if there is a way to help (phone calls,
encouragement, volunteer drive, etc.).

I know I have seen some of you doing this kind of stuff as well, but I
think these next two to three weeks will be critical, especially for
debate inclusion.

Thank you for your time,
Craig Bowden
Region 1 Alternate