[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-03: Censure of Arvin Vohra

Joshua Katz planning4liberty at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 11:54:16 EST 2018

I vote no.

To be clear, I am voting no despite nearly every argument made here for a
no vote.  I disagree vehemently with Mr. Vohra's claims, with the notion
that they are somehow required by libertarian thought, and with the
approach to politics and the party that Mr. Vohra and his defenders have
elucidated during this debate.  In fact, I believe that Mr. Vohra's notion
of how this party ought to act might well amount to a fiduciary breach, if
done with party resources or on party time.  However, I maintain that he
has not used party resources, even if he stated the (true) fact that he is
the Vice Chair, and I do not wish to set the precedent of this board
policing its members' speech.  Quite frankly, in addition, I think it has
done far less harm than claimed (as I argued before) because the percentage
of the voting population knowing who Mr. Vohra is, is quite small.  I think
this board would do well to think more about winning over the voting
population, and less about these tempests in what, despite 40 years of
effort, remains hardly a teapot.

Joshua A. Katz