[Lnc-business] Note about our electronic meeting

Joshua Katz planning4liberty at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:10:20 EST 2018

Like I said, it doesn't require it because the basic assumption is that
rights can only be lost via a disciplinary process unless the
organization's bylaws say otherwise (or higher rules).  You might not like
it (there are some places I think RONR gets it wrong), but I think it is
internally consistent on this point.  When it matters enough, organizations
tend to adopt rules, or governments tend to write laws (for instance,
neighborhood association memberships when serving on a land use board).

On the suspension vote, I would point out that it doesn't matter at all
(assuming the person votes no).  Recusal is the same as abstention, and our
rules set the threshold as based on the entire membership, not those
voting.  When the threshold is based on the entire membership, an
abstention is equivalent to a no (or, to put it another way, there is no
such thing, mathematically, as abstaining).  In such a vote, all you're
doing is counting how many yes votes you get.

Joshua A. Katz

-------------- next part --------------

     <[2][3]daniel.hayes at lp.org>

          [1][3][4][7][8]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/

     annharlos at gmail.com

          >>> 2. mailto:[12][14][15][18][19]chair at lp.org
          >>> 3. mailto:[13][15][16][19][20]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >>> 4. [14][16][17][20][21]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >>> 5. mailto:[15][17][18][21][22]chair at lp.org
          >>> 6. mailto:[16][18][19][22][23]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >>> 7. mailto:[17]Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org
          >>> 8. [18][19][20][23][24]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >>
          >> References
          >>
          >>  1. [20][21][24][25]https://www.kidlink.org/
          >     docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
          >>  2. mailto:[21][22][25][26]daniel.hayes at lp.org
          >>  3. mailto:[22][23][26][27]planning4liberty at gmail.com
          >>  4. mailto:[23][24][27][28]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >>  5. mailto:[24][25][28][29]chair at lp.org
          >>  6. mailto:[25][26][29][30]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >>  7. [26][27][30][31]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >>  8. mailto:[27][28][31][32]chair at lp.org
          >>  9. mailto:[28][29][32][33]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >> 10. [29][30][33][34]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >> 11. mailto:[30][31][34][35]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >> 12. mailto:[31][32][35][36]chair at lp.org
          >> 13. mailto:[32][33][36][37]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >> 14. [33][34][37][38]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >> 15. mailto:[34][35][38][39]chair at lp.org
          >> 16. mailto:[35][36][39][40]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >> 17. mailto:[36]Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org
          >> 18. [37][37][40][41]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >     References
          >        1. mailto:[38][41][42]daniel.hayes at lp.org
          >        2. mailto:[39][42][43]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >        3.
          [40][43][44]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.
     html
          >        4. mailto:[41][44][45]daniel.hayes at lp.org
          >        5. mailto:[42][45][46]planning4liberty at gmail.com
          >        6. mailto:[43][46][47]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >        7. mailto:[44][47][48]chair at lp.org
          >        8. mailto:[45][48][49]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >        9. [46][49][50]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >       10. mailto:[47][50][51]chair at lp.org
          >       11. mailto:[48][51][52]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >       12. [49][52][53]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >       13. mailto:[50][53][54]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >       14. mailto:[51][54][55]chair at lp.org
          >       15. mailto:[52][55][56]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >       16. [53][56][57]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >       17. mailto:[54][57][58]chair at lp.org
          >       18. mailto:[55][58][59]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >       19. [56][59][60]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >       20.
          [57][60][61]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.
     html
> [...]
          >   9. mailto:[85][86]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  10. [86][87]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  11. mailto:[87][88]chair at lp.org
          >  12. mailto:[88][89]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  13. [89][90]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  14. mailto:[90][91]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >  15. mailto:[91][92]chair at lp.org
          >  16. mailto:[92][93]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  17. [93][94]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  18. mailto:[94][95]chair at lp.org
          >  19. mailto:[95][96]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  20. [96][97]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  21. [97][98]https://www.kidlink.org/
     docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
          >  22. mailto:[98][99]daniel.hayes at lp.org
          >  23. mailto:[99][100]planning4liberty at gmail.com
          >  24. mailto:[100][101]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >  25. mailto:[101][102]chair at lp.org
          >  26. mailto:[102][103]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  27. [103][104]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  28. mailto:[104][105]chair at lp.org
          >  29. mailto:[105][106]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  30. [106][107]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  31. mailto:[107][108]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >  32. mailto:[108][109]chair at lp.org
          >  33. mailto:[109][110]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  34. [110][111]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  35. mailto:[111][112]chair at lp.org
          >  36. mailto:[112][113]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  37. [113][114]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  38. mailto:[114][115]daniel.hayes at lp.org
          >  39. mailto:[115][116]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >  40. [116][117]https://www.kidlink.org/
     docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
          >  41. mailto:[117][118]daniel.hayes at lp.org
          >  42. mailto:[118][119]planning4liberty at gmail.com
          >  43. mailto:[119][120]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >  44. mailto:[120][121]chair at lp.org
          >  45. mailto:[121][122]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  46. [122][123]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  47. mailto:[123][124]chair at lp.org
          >  48. mailto:[124][125]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  49. [125][126]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  50. mailto:[126][127]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >  51. mailto:[127][128]chair at lp.org
          >  52. mailto:[128][129]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  53. [129][130]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  54. mailto:[130][131]chair at lp.org
          >  55. mailto:[131][132]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  56. [132][133]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  57. [133][134]https://www.kidlink.org/
     docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
          >  58. mailto:[134][135]daniel.hayes at lp.org
          >  59. mailto:[135][136]planning4liberty at gmail.com
          >  60. mailto:[136][137]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >  61. mailto:[137][138]chair at lp.org
          >  62. mailto:[138][139]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  63. [139][140]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  64. mailto:[140][141]chair at lp.org
          >  65. mailto:[141][142]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  66. [142][143]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  67. mailto:[143][144]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
          >  68. mailto:[144][145]chair at lp.org
          >  69. mailto:[145][146]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  70. [146][147]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
          >  71. mailto:[147][148]chair at lp.org
          >  72. mailto:[148][149]carynannharlos at gmail.com
          >  73. mailto:[149]Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org
     References
        1. mailto:[151]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
        2. mailto:[152]daniel.hayes at lp.org
        3. mailto:[153]planning4liberty at gmail.com
        4. mailto:[154]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
        5. mailto:[155]daniel.hayes at lp.org
        6. mailto:[156]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
        7. [157]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
        8. mailto:[158]daniel.hayes at lp.org
        9. mailto:[159]planning4liberty at gmail.com
       10. mailto:[160]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       11. mailto:[161]chair at lp.org
       12. mailto:[162]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       13. [163]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       14. mailto:[164]chair at lp.org
       15. mailto:[165]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       16. [166]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       17. mailto:[167]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       18. mailto:[168]chair at lp.org
       19. mailto:[169]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       20. [170]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       21. mailto:[171]chair at lp.org
       22. mailto:[172]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       23. [173]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       24. [174]https://www.kidlink.org/
       25. mailto:[175]daniel.hayes at lp.org
       26. mailto:[176]planning4liberty at gmail.com
       27. mailto:[177]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       28. mailto:[178]chair at lp.org
       29. mailto:[179]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       30. [180]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       31. mailto:[181]chair at lp.org
       32. mailto:[182]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       33. [183]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       34. mailto:[184]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       35. mailto:[185]chair at lp.org
       36. mailto:[186]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       37. [187]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       38. mailto:[188]chair at lp.org
       39. mailto:[189]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       40. [190]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       41. mailto:[191]daniel.hayes at lp.org
       42. mailto:[192]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       43. [193]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
       44. mailto:[194]daniel.hayes at lp.org
       45. mailto:[195]planning4liberty at gmail.com
       46. mailto:[196]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       47. mailto:[197]chair at lp.org
       48. mailto:[198]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       49. [199]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       50. mailto:[200]chair at lp.org
       51. mailto:[201]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       52. [202]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       53. mailto:[203]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       54. mailto:[204]chair at lp.org
       55. mailto:[205]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       56. [206]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       57. mailto:[207]chair at lp.org
       58. mailto:[208]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       59. [209]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       60. [210]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
       61. mailto:[211]daniel.hayes at lp.org
       62. mailto:[212]planning4liberty at gmail.com
       63. mailto:[213]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       64. mailto:[214]chair at lp.org
       65. mailto:[215]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       66. [216]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       67. mailto:[217]chair at lp.org
       68. mailto:[218]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       69. [219]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       70. mailto:[220]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       71. mailto:[221]chair at lp.org
       72. mailto:[222]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       73. [223]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       74. mailto:[224]chair at lp.org
       75. mailto:[225]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       76. [226]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       77. mailto:[227]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       78. mailto:[228]daniel.hayes at lp.org
       79. mailto:[229]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       80. [230]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
       81. mailto:[231]daniel.hayes at lp.org
       82. mailto:[232]planning4liberty at gmail.com
       83. mailto:[233]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       84. mailto:[234]chair at lp.org
       85. mailto:[235]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       86. [236]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       87. mailto:[237]chair at lp.org
       88. mailto:[238]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       89. [239]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       90. mailto:[240]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
       91. mailto:[241]chair at lp.org
       92. mailto:[242]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       93. [243]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       94. mailto:[244]chair at lp.org
       95. mailto:[245]carynannharlos at gmail.com
       96. [246]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
       97. [247]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
       98. mailto:[248]daniel.hayes at lp.org
       99. mailto:[249]planning4liberty at gmail.com
      100. mailto:[250]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
      101. mailto:[251]chair at lp.org
      102. mailto:[252]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      103. [253]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      104. mailto:[254]chair at lp.org
      105. mailto:[255]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      106. [256]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      107. mailto:[257]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
      108. mailto:[258]chair at lp.org
      109. mailto:[259]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      110. [260]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      111. mailto:[261]chair at lp.org
      112. mailto:[262]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      113. [263]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      114. mailto:[264]daniel.hayes at lp.org
      115. mailto:[265]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
      116. [266]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
      117. mailto:[267]daniel.hayes at lp.org
      118. mailto:[268]planning4liberty at gmail.com
      119. mailto:[269]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
      120. mailto:[270]chair at lp.org
      121. mailto:[271]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      122. [272]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      123. mailto:[273]chair at lp.org
      124. mailto:[274]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      125. [275]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      126. mailto:[276]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
      127. mailto:[277]chair at lp.org
      128. mailto:[278]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      129. [279]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      130. mailto:[280]chair at lp.org
      131. mailto:[281]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      132. [282]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      133. [283]https://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.html
      134. mailto:[284]daniel.hayes at lp.org
      135. mailto:[285]planning4liberty at gmail.com
      136. mailto:[286]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
      137. mailto:[287]chair at lp.org
      138. mailto:[288]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      139. [289]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      140. mailto:[290]chair at lp.org
      141. mailto:[291]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      142. [292]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      143. mailto:[293]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
      144. mailto:[294]chair at lp.org
      145. mailto:[295]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      146. [296]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
      147. mailto:[297]chair at lp.org
      148. mailto:[298]carynannharlos at gmail.com
      149. mailto:[299]Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org
      150. [300]http://www.lpcolorado.org/