[Lnc-business] Caryn Ann Harlos fundraising and membership recruitment

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Sun Feb 25 15:33:29 EST 2018

Thank you Erin.  I think your points are entirely reasonable.

Others are complaining however that this merely a profile raising ploy
(that’s pretty insulting) so it would not have mattered to them because I
allegedly had said for a year something I didn’t and so on and so forth.

But the fact is I did report it.  I thank you for acknowledging that
perhaps you should have asked more about it.

Hopefully some others who have really tried to tar me will concede they had
that opportunity as well.

The bigger precedent this has set is that people will be more reluctant to
more than required because things get nastily personal.

For those who haven’t- thank you.  And let’s fix any faulty policies.

-------------- next part --------------

     [4]http://www.lpcaucus.org/
     On 2018-02-25 14:17, Caryn Ann Harlos wrote:
> [...]
     >         state convention in 2018 in her region report at the
     December
     >      2017 LNC
     >         meeting in New Orleans. Excerpt below:
     >           Membership Growth -  "I have been obtaining the lists of
     >      Regional
     >           lapsed members for Region 1 and making calls to
     encourage
     >      renewal
     >           earlier this year. I also have been promoting National
     >      memberships
     >           at the state conventions and have personally signed up
     about
     >      150 new
     >           members between in-person and on-line renewals. I am
     being
     > sent
     >           several conventions in 2018 by the national party to
     recruit.
     >           constantly coach and encourage my region regarding

     [1][2][6]http://www.lp.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/2017-12-09_LNC
     _Me

     [2][3][7]https://www.lp.org/event/lnc-meeting-new-orleans-la/
     [7][9][13]http://lp.org/membership
> [...]
     >                       potentially conflicted transactions
     involving
     > board
     >           members
     >               should
     >                   be
     >                       discussed with the board ahead of time, and
     >      approved by
     >               majority
     >                   of
     >                       disinterested directors.  What's done is
     done.  I
     >      think
     >           that
     >               before
     >                   it
     >                       continues, action should be taken to approve
     it
     > (or
     >      not)
     >           by a
     >                   majority
     >                       of disinterested directors.  There's no rule

     [2][4][12][15][24][29]facebook.com/libertarians

     [3][5][13][16][19][25][30]http://lp.org/membership
     mailto:[21][[29]24][33][38]wes.benedict at lp.org
     mailto:[23][[30]26][34][39]wes.benedict at lp.org
     [25][28][32][36][41]http://lp.org/membership