[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-11: ACKNOWLEDGE ELECTION OF JC

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Fri Jul 13 23:32:14 EDT 2018

Elizabeth I was referring to all of us benefitting.

To de-escalate.

It was not intended to you but to everyone including me.  Non violent
communication theory is incredibly useful.

There are no bad guys and good guys.  Just people trying to communicate.

-Caryn Ann

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 9:29 PM Elizabeth Van Horn <elizabeth.vanhorn at lp.org>
wrote:

> Insightful?!  I find it grossly insulting.
>
> Food for thought?  I'm thinking this email list needs a block feature.  I
> have zero interesting reading emails from someone insinuating that my
> emails are, "violent" modes of communication
>
> ---
> Elizabeth Van Horn
> LNC Region 3 (IN, MI, OH, KY)
> Secretary Libertarian Party of Madison Co, Indiana
> LP Social Media Process Review Committee
> Vice-Chair Libertarian Pragmatist Caucus
> http://www.lpcaucus.org/
>

> On 2018-07-13 22:10, Caryn Ann Harlos wrote:
>
> Erin that is insightful.  Earlier I had said that it's not productive to
> tell anyone they are not being ignored (the state chair in my example) but
> to step back and figure out why they feel that way.
>
> In nonviolent communication the goal is to diffuse by creating empathy
> bridges not by invalidating people's perceptions (hopefully if they are
> wrong they see it themselves which saves face and builds trust) but by
> getting to the reasons why.
>
> Perfect.  It is difficult in politics because sometimes the goal is not to
> understand but to make one's antagonist look bad.
>
> Before anyone gets mad at that - with the exception of Merced - everyone
> at one time or another in their political life has done it.
>
> The biggest step forward is to stop that.  It's tough though unless
> everyone agrees at once.
>
> Who would be interested in agreeing to a non violent communication pact on
> this committee?
>
> -Caryn Ann
>

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 7:54 PM erin.adams--- via Lnc-business <
> lnc-business at hq.lp.org> wrote:
>
>> "Stop the insulting insinuations" stated as a directive (order)
>> Nonviolent Communication holds that most conflicts between individuals
>> or groups arise from miscommunication about their human needs, due to
>> coercive or manipulative language that aims to induce fear, guilt,
>> shame, etc. These "violent" modes of communication, when used during a
>> conflict, divert the attention of the participants away from clarifying
>> their needs, their feelings, their perceptions, and their requests, thus
>> perpetuating the conflict.
>>
>> Perhaps it isnt what was said but the way it was said that is the issue.
>> Food for thought
>>

>> On 2018-07-12 21:28, Elizabeth Van Horn wrote:
>> > Erin, NO ONE is ordering you around. Stop the insulting insinuations.
>> >
>> > ---

Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org> or Secretary at LP.org.
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee - LPedia at LP.org

-------------- next part --------------

   [2]http://www.lpcaucus.org/

     On 2018-07-12 21:28, Elizabeth Van Horn wrote:
     > Erin, NO ONE is ordering you around. Stop the insulting
     insinuations.

     > ---
     > Elizabeth Van Horn
     >

     > On 2018-07-12 21:49, [4]erin.adams at lp.org wrote:
     >> Say whatever youd like, It wont change a damn thing. If I was
     cool
     >> with being ordered around, Id likely be a member of the duopoly,
     Im
     >> not.Im fairly certain anyone who knows me will tell you that Im
     picky
     >> about who I let tell me what to do, you dont qualify.
     >>
     >> On 2018-07-11 19:09, Elizabeth Van Horn wrote:
     >>> Nonsense.  In your mind, but not mine. My intent matters.
     >>>
     >>> Believe me, I have no problem stating my mind. IF I want to say,
     >>> "move
     >>> on", I'll bloody well write that.
     >>>
     >>> ---
     >>> Elizabeth Van Horn
     >>> LNC Region 3 (IN, MI, OH, KY)

     Ann has

     It is

     Others

     JC,

     Your

     Buckle
     NOT be

     I am

     RIGHT
     JCs in
     JC.
     WERE
     Whitney

     <[1][3][4][5][12]whitney.bilyeu at lp.org>
     Caryn

     <[2][4][5][6][13]lnc-business at hq.lp.org>
     AM

     <[1][3][5][6][7][14]joshua.smith at lp.org>
     Harlos
     Darryl
     Sprankle. You

     Representative,
     Hawaii,
     Director,
     Statement of
     Libertarian
     Preservation
     Principles:

     [26][24][25][33]joe.bishop-henchman at lp.org

     [27][25][26][34]www.facebook.com/groups/189510455174837
     mailto:[26][27][35]caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
     mailto:[27][28][36]joe.bishop-henchman at lp.org
     mailto:[28][29][37]whitney.bilyeu at lp.org
     mailto:[29][30][38]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     mailto:[30][31][39]joshua.smith at lp.org
     [31][32][40]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
     [32][33][41]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
     [33][34][42]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
     mailto:[34][35][43]joshua.smith at lp.org
     [35][36][44]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
     [36][37][45]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
     [37][38][46]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
     mailto:[38][39][47]whitney.bilyeu at lp.org
     mailto:[39][40][48]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     mailto:[40][41][49]joshua.smith at lp.org
     [41][42][50]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
     [42][43][51]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
     [43][44][52]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
     mailto:[44][45][53]joshua.smith at lp.org
     [45][46][54]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
     [46][47][55]https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
     [48][48][56]http://www.lpcolorado.org/
     mailto:[51][49][57]joe.bishop-henchman at lp.org

     [52][50][58]http://www.facebook.com/groups/189510455174837

   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary
   - [62]Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org or Secretary at LP.org.