[Lnc-business] Agenda in Phoenix

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Sat Jul 21 08:18:50 EDT 2018

When there is an impossible situation, the one that makes the most sense
and protects rights is the one to go to.  To say "but that isn't in the
Bylaws" misses the point.  Of course it isn't. This is an equity situation.

==Caryn Ann, there's also no provision to 'put it to the delegates", as
there are no delegates.  There *were* delegates, as in the past tense.
But, when the convention adjourned, the delegates are no more.  ==

That is not true.  The delegates remain the body to trigger appeals.  This
is very analogous.

===But, the argument from those who insist we follow the bylaws is very
compelling, as they maintain that if we're the party of principal, that we
should follow our own rules. ===

I suggest said people read a fantastic short story called the Cold
Equations.

This is about equity.

===So, there's a number of LP members who are quite willing to forego
having a 'watchdog', in favor of the LP abiding by it's own chosen rules.
===

So a convention can rob people of it's rights and then use rules to keep on
doing so isn't right.

==I'm again reaching out to Region officers for input.  (Just sent another
email)  But, I suspect that those who hold strong opinions on this matter,
aren't going to change them. ===

Please pass on my phone number.

-Caryn Ann

-------------- next part --------------
[...]

   we should follow our own rules.  Those who want us to follow the bylaws

     longstreth at lp.org
     longstreth at lp.org
     longstreth at lp.org
> [...]
     >   32. [129]http://Caryn.An/
     >   33. mailto:[130]elizabeth.vanhorn at lp.org
     >   34. mailto:[131]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   35. mailto:[132]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   36. mailto:[133]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   37. [134]http://Caryn.An/
     >   38. mailto:[135]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   39. mailto:[136]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   40. mailto:[137]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   41. [138]http://Caryn.An/
     >   42. mailto:[139]elizabeth.vanhorn at lp.org
     >   43. mailto:[140]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   44. mailto:[141]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   45. mailto:[142]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   46. mailto:[143]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   47. mailto:[144]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   48. mailto:[145]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   49. mailto:[146]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   50. mailto:[147]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   51. mailto:[148]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   52. mailto:[149]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   53. mailto:[150]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   54. mailto:[151]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   55. mailto:[152]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   56. mailto:[153]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   57. mailto:[154]elizabeth.vanhorn at lp.org
     >   58. mailto:[155]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   59. mailto:[156]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   60. mailto:[157]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   61. mailto:[158]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   62. mailto:[159]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   63. mailto:[160]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   64. mailto:[161]elizabeth.vanhorn at lp.org
     >   65. mailto:[162]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   66. mailto:[163]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   67. mailto:[164]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   68. mailto:[165]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   69. mailto:[166]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   70. mailto:[167]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   71. mailto:[168]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   72. mailto:[169]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   73. mailto:[170]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   74. mailto:[171]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   75. [172]http://Caryn.An/
     >   76. mailto:[173]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   77. mailto:[174]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   78. mailto:[175]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   79. [176]http://Caryn.An/
     >   80. mailto:[177]elizabeth.vanhorn at lp.org
     >   81. mailto:[178]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   82. mailto:[179]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   83. mailto:[180]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   84. [181]http://Caryn.An/
     >   85. mailto:[182]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   86. mailto:[183]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   87. mailto:[184]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   88. [185]http://Caryn.An/
     >   89. mailto:[186]elizabeth.vanhorn at lp.org
     >   90. mailto:[187]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   91. mailto:[188]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   92. mailto:[189]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   93. mailto:[190]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
     >   94. mailto:[191]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   95. mailto:[192]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     >   96. mailto:[193]Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org

   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary
   - [194]Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org or Secretary at LP.org.
   Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee - LPedia at LP.org

   A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
   We defend your rights
   And oppose the use of force
   Taxation is theft

   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary
   - [195]Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org or Secretary at LP.org.