[Lnc-business] Pre Convention Meeting in NOLA.

Daniel Hayes danielehayes at icloud.com
Mon Jan 16 11:22:13 EST 2017

All,

Keep in mind that our convention in 2018 is going to be in  New Orleans.   We always to my knowledge hold a meeting at the host hotel before the convention to allow the LNC to familiarize itself and make sure there are not any issues that need to be addressed.  I don't advise doing a meeting in NOLA in August and September as chances of a 'cane threatening then are highest though rates are generally best in August. Go figger.

Additionally, January-May tends to be pricey.  The COC or Nick would have to go through Helms-Briscoe, the company we contracted to do our site search for the 2018 convention, to make the arrangements.  Spring is not impossible for decent rates but it's close.  Though for giggles, I checked this Easter and discounted rooms were coming up in the $150 range. So Sandy(with Helms-Briscoe) MIGHT be able to get us squeezed in for a survivable rate and our meeting space needs probably would be easy as they have LOTS of meeting rooms at the Hyatt.

We also might want to do a working lunch to check out their catering, though food service is highly unlikely to be a problem in NOLA.

All that said, the most likely scenario would be a December budget meeting in NOLA.  So,if we go Western half of the country for our 2nd meeting and NOLA in December we might not have a meeting at HQ this year unless we squeeze in 4.
That would be the first time since we purchased the building that we did not meet there during a year. That said, doing 3 meetings saves more money than doing 4.

I just wanted to put that out there for everyone to keep in mind.  I will bring this up at the next COC meeting so we can get Sandy working on proposals subject to Nick and the LNC's suggestions as to how to map out the schedule up to the convention. Spring of course poses the pitfalls of State conventions to work around which are not known yet in most cases though most tend to avoid Easter weekend.

 My thoughts would be to get proposals for December when the Saints are not in town as the Hyatt is the Hotel literally next to the Superdome.
Also checking times sometime circa Easter 2018 which is April Fools day would probably be prudent.

Daniel Hayes
LNC At Large Member

Sent from my iPhone