[Lnc-business] Special Committee

Larry Sharpe lsharpe at neo-sage.com
Sat Apr 15 00:43:42 EDT 2017

Hi LNC,

I'm sorry that I can't be there in Pittsburgh. I hope to see you all next
time.

Here is my two cents on Paladin Strategies. It was tough finding them
because my initial request for consultants was open about our requirements,
expectations and limitations as the LP. Very few consulting firms wanted to
reply. Some wanted long contracts and some wanted 5-figure retainers up
front.

Paladin is special in my eyes for several reasons. They support the
libertarian party and understand that we are not the two old parties. They
do NOT require a year-long contract. They do NOT require a large up front
retainer. They have real experience and are willing to be flexible in their
service. Finally they are prepared to be measured in different ways,
depending upon what we want. (Donations, Members, Website visits, etc...)
That means that they will be accountable. I don't think that there is a
better consultant out there right now. If we say no to Paladin, that
probably means no to any consultant.

I worry that if we don't bring someone aboard, then we may risk, looking
like we aren't serious, stagnating and losing momentum. We will need to
hope that we can do it on our own again. And if we don't, the LP may really
suffer financially and publicly.

If we give them a three month try, our own LP people should step up to work
with them (they'll need to inspire this to win). So, even if they leave
after three months, we will still have a crew of volunteers to take up the
challenge. In addition, they will have given us, and started, a plan. Even
if it is not the right plan, the remaining volunteers, who were already on
the team, can edit it and keep moving. Editing is usually easier than
creating. Lastly, with our recent PR concerns, bringing aboard a consultant
is a good gesture to the rest of the LP that we are trying to make changes.
So, even if they don't work out, it's still a small win.

If they succeed, then the windfall is awesome. We will have a better way to
get our message out, clearer routes to our audience, cost effective plans
to increase both our membership and donations, and amazing examples to pass
on to local chapters and candidates.

This is a great risk/reward option. The damage from failure is minimal and
the reward from success is amazing.

I hope my opinion was helpful. As always, I will support whatever decision
the LNC makes. Enjoy your weekend.

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Trent Somes <tsomes3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm unsure why this was sent without description. My phone is acting
> funny.
>
> Last LNC meeting, you tasked a special committee to find and choose a
> politcal consulting group to review and make suggestions for our party
> moving forward. The group we think is best for the job is Paladin
> Strategies. They prepared this presentation for you all to review in
> advance of this meeting, and they are also CC'd if you have questions for
> them.
>
> Thanks!
>
> *Trent Somes, III*
> Region 5 Alternate, Libertarian National Committee
> Founder, Westmoreland County Libertarians <http://fb.com/wclibertarians>
> National Chair, Libertarian Youth Caucus <http://fb.com/LYCaucus>
> Facebook <http://fb.com/trentsomes/> Twitter
> <http://twitter.com/TrentSomes/> Instagram
> <http://instagram.com/trentsomes/> Address
> <https://goo.gl/maps/gWqJw21CJZs>
> Cell: (412) 496 - 8552 <(412)%20496-8552> Home: (412) 646 - 1872
> <(412)%20646-1872>
>

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:33 AM, Trent Somes <tsomes3 at gmail.com> wrote:

Larry

*Larry Sharpe*