[Lnc-business] Motion to name/rename newly formed Social Media Committee.

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 13:16:32 EDT 2017

I will co-sponsor

I appreciate Daniel's concern for committee creep

-Caryn Ann

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 9:44 AM Brett Bittner <brett.bittner at lp.org> wrote:

> I will co-sponsor, if it's necessary to have a motion.
>
> Regardless, my intent in serving on this committee is to focus on the
> process and policy. I will vigorously oppose any effort to increase the
> scope beyond that.
>
> Brett C. Bittner
>
> Region 3 Representative
> Libertarian National Committee
>
> brett.bittner at lp.org
> 317.537.8344
>
> **This message sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos.
>
> On Apr 21, 2017 12:07, "Sam Goldstein" <goldsteinatlarge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Daniel,
>>
>> Since I don't think the committee actually got a name in the motion, I
>> would think that the
>> committee members can call it anything they want as long as they stay
>> within the intent of
>> the motion.
>>
>> However, I will co-sponsor if you really want to have a name.
>>

>> Sam Goldstein
>> Libertarian National Committee
>> Member at Large
>> 8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
>> Indianapolis IN 46260
>> 317-850-0726 <(317)%20850-0726> Phone
>> 317-582-1773 <(317)%20582-1773> Fax
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:54 AM, <danielehayes at icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Members,
>>>
>>> I think that scope of the committee is very important.  When we formed
>>> it I think we left the name rather ambiguous.  It sounds like most of us
>>> are on the same page about what the committee should do.  As we all know,
>>> things have a tendency to creep.  Having a name that clearly defines what
>>> the committee should do can help to mitigate that and make sure that our
>>> greater Party membership understands what we are doing.  This committee is
>>> about HOW our pipeline works for our social media from creation, to
>>> posting, to PR management after posting.  It is a review of the entire
>>> process, with our primary focus on Facebook but developing protocols for
>>> other social media platforms as well.
>>>
>>> I have spoken to the other current members of the committee and they
>>> agree with the motion I am putting forward.  With all that in mind,  we are
>>> seeking co-sponsors and we are of course not limited to 4.   Brett plans to
>>> co sponsor and Steven has reached out to Ed Marsh to do that on his behalf.
>>>

>>> This motion will move the following:
>>>

>>> The social media committee created by the LNC on 4/16/17 shall be named
>>> “Social Media Process Review Committee”.
>>>

>>> Daniel Hayes
>>> LNC At Large Member
>>> Social Media Something or Other Committee Member
>>>

>>> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
>>> Windows 10

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org>
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*