[Lnc-business] update on convention revenues

Lauren Daugherty lauren.daugherty at lp.org
Thu Jul 26 14:11:05 EDT 2018

Dear LNC,

It takes a while to calculate our final, official numbers for the
convention because we have to wait on pledges to be fulfilled, have to
follow up with folks who wrote their credit card # down incorrectly at
the gala, etc.

Months in advance, we knew this convention was going to be big because
we had so many early package sales; however, I had thought there was no
way we'd surpass the 2016 convention's revenue because 2016 was just so
exceptional. Then, early in the convention I started to see that this
might be possible and so we made that our goal.

I'm very happy to share that we DID surpass the 2016 convention's revenue!

And, we hit about TRIPLE the convention revenue from 2014.

These numbers include package sales, fundraising at the gala, etc. These
numbers do not include those few pledges which have not yet been fulfilled.

I'm very proud of this and you should be too. A lot of factors came
together to create this level of success and it is a really robust
indicator of the growth of our party.

Lauren

Lauren Daugherty
Development Director