[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-03: Censure of Arvin Vohra

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Mon Jan 29 15:59:18 EST 2018

I maintain my position as what the majority of my regional Chairs want.

I hear the concerns about the wording and will communicate those to my
state Chairs to see if that influences their decision.

However the case in region 1 was cumulative and not just about this
incidence and like it or not age of consent is an issue this Party has
argued about since the beginning and I see politicking here in this body to
deny that and makes this body the arbiter when the line is drawn and not
the delegates.

This it seems to me that this has become less about Arvin’s reckless
behaviour and more and factional jockeying.

It seems that yes this is a continuation of 2006 where people were assured
that the platform was simply streamlined and not changed - so trying the
change the meaning of adult here to be an arbitrary state law when IT NEVER
MEANT THAT in the old platforms is showing a hand.  IMHO.

Which is a shame.  Because Arvin’s behaviour was abominable but it’s
obvious this Body can’t do a thing about it.

I will report to my regional Chairs and act accordingly.

The 2/2 meeting will be a farce because of the will here to have a
Libertarian Purity test.

Which I find so ironic.

   On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 1:19 PM Sam Goldstein <[1]sam.goldstein at lp.org>