[Lnc-business] Proposed motion for candidate funding

david.demarest at lp.org david.demarest at lp.org
Mon Jun 4 22:20:12 EDT 2018

I will co-sponsor.

David Pratt Demarest
LNC Region 6 Representative

-----Original Message-----
From: Lnc-business <lnc-business-bounces at hq.lp.org> On Behalf Of Sam Goldstein via Lnc-business
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2018 8:31 PM
To: lnc-business at hq.lp.org
Cc: Sam Goldstein <sam.goldstein at lp.org>
Subject: [Lnc-business] Proposed motion for candidate funding

Based on a favorable vote during a Candidate Support Committee meeting on June 3, 2018, the CSC and I are seeking one additional co-sponsor for the following
motion:

"The LNC will provide $500 each to the campaigns of Craig Bowden (U.S.
Senate UT) and Lloyd Princeton (U.S. House of Representatives NM) from the Candidate Support budget line."

Each candidate has submitted a complete Candidate Support application with support documents.  The CSC has reviewed the materials submitted and found them to satisfy the criteria passed by the LNC at the recent Denver meeting.  As the applications are not marked confidential, I will

provide them to LNC members upon request.

Both candidates in this motion requested $5000 from the LNC for various projects crucial to their campaigns.  With current budget constraints the CSC felt that the $500 we approved was the best we could do at this time to encourage others to emulate the effort and professionalism of Mr. Bowden's and Mr. Princeton's campaigns.

The LNC members of the Candidate Support Committee each sponsor this
motion:

Sam Goldstein
Caryn Ann Harlos
Tim Hagan