[Lnc-business] update on timing

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Tue Jul 10 23:32:29 EDT 2018

The At-Large results shouldn’t be a one-person audit in this case.

And no one who ran should conduct it.

I continue to offer to assist.

There was no intent to have an inappropriate tone and if anything presented
that way you have my abject apology.

What is being asked - by several state Chairs - is a timeline.  I don’t
think that is unreasonable.  They feel like they are being ignored.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:24 PM Richard Longstreth via Lnc-business <
lnc-business at hq.lp.org> wrote:

> [...]
>      You
>         can deduce from that how long it takes one person to give the
>      At-Large
>         the second-pass, fine-tooth-comb treatment.  Today I spent a
>      LARGE
>         number of hours on the project.  I think I have about a dozen
>      states
>         left to go, plus tally sheet scanning and writing up my notes.
>      It
>         takes only a few seconds for you to ask, "Are we there yet?", but
>      it
>         takes a lot longer to actually accomplish it.
>         I didn't have the crystal ball at the start of the project to
>      know
>         precisely how long I would get to work on it today, or how long
>      it
>         would take to complete.  Rather than emailing the LNC every 30
>      minutes,
>         (and I haven't even taken time to comment on the two email
>      ballots yet,
>         though I have a bit to say there), I'm focusing on just getting
>      this
>         task done so I can move on to the next.  It is a high priority on
>      my
>         list, and when I finish it, I'll send it.
>         To others who have been asking about the rest of my to-do list,
>      I'm
>         doing this project first.  In the case of adopted resolutions,
>      please
>         recall that our convention forges ahead and adopts all sorts of
>      things
>         from the floor while the Secretary is trying to tally election
>         results.  I suppose I should be flattered that some believe I can
>         document those fully on the fly while I'm simultaneously
>      aggregating
>         election results, and have completed minutes immediately
>      following
>         adjournment, but that's a bit overly optimistic.  I am a human
>      who is
>         constrained by the laws of time and space.  I could only make
>      sparse
>         notes about the nature of other proceedings while I was working
>      on
>         elections, and when I start building the convention minutes, I'll
>      have
>         to go back and review the recordings to verify that I caught all
>      the
>         relevant details.  I have a large envelope of lots of things that
>      were
>         submitted in writing, so I'll fish out what was actually voted
>      on,
>         verify that the written submission matches what the delegates
>      were told
>         they were voting on, etc.
>         Again, all these items are in the queue, and I'll get to them all
>      as
>         soon as I reasonably can now that I am back at home with my usual
>         workspace, but it is unreasonable to expect it to all happen

Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org> or Secretary at LP.org.
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee - LPedia at LP.org

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*

        1. mailto:[3]lnc-business at hq.lp.org

   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary
   - [4]Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org or Secretary at LP.org.