[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-11: ACKNOWLEDGE ELECTION OF JC

john.phillips at lp.org john.phillips at lp.org
Wed Jul 11 08:05:06 EDT 2018

Well, I said I would bow out, but this calls for a quick reply.

 Possibly.  Or we follow the interpretation presented that says the bylaws read the JC is elected using the same form as the At Large.  Which agree with it or not, rules were changed by the delegates to elect them.

So under that interpretation the top 7 were elected, and it gives a mechanism for us to move on.

Not debating it, you can agree or disagree with that interpretation.  The only reason I chimed in again was to make sure full information was presented.
John Phillips
Libertarian National Committee Region 6 Representative
Cell 217-412-5973
------ Original message------From: Richard Longstreth via Lnc-business Date: Wed, Jul 11, 2018 6:15 AMTo: lnc-business at hq.lp.org;Cc: Richard Longstreth;Subject:Re: [Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-11: ACKNOWLEDGE ELECTION OF JC
I would remind the committee that according to our bylaws, nobody was
actually elected by the delegates according to the procedures laid out. The
LNC rubber stamping a plurality vote does violate the bylaws. The LNC
asking delegates to revote does not. Is mail the best way? Perhaps not, but
are there any other ideas that don't make us look like we are appointing
our own judges in case there is a trial (metaphorically)?

RTL

   1. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
   2. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
   3. http://www.lpcaucus.org/
   4. mailto:caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
   5. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
   6. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
   9. http://www.lpcolorado.org/
  10. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  13. http://www.lpcolorado.org/
  14. mailto:caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
  15. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  16. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  19. http://www.lpcolorado.org/
  20. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  23. http://www.lpcolorado.org/
  24. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  25. http://www.lpcaucus.org/
  26. mailto:caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
  27. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  28. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  29. http://joshua.sm/
  30. https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
  31. http://Caryn.An/
  32. https://tinyurl.com/lncvoting
  33. http://www.lpcolorado.org/
  34. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  37. http://www.lpcolorado.org/
  38. http://Caryn.An/
  39. http://Caryn.An/
  40. mailto:caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
  41. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  42. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  45. http://www.lpcolorado.org/
  46. mailto:lnc-business at hq.lp.org
  49. http://www.lpcolorado.org/
-------------- next part --------------
[...]

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018, 22:08 Elizabeth Van Horn via Lnc-business <[3]

     On [91]2018-07-11 00:11, [92]john.phillips--- via Lnc-business wrote:
     > That is exactly what I have been doing, polling my region,
     discussing
     >    their points and even helping provide the arguments against
     made by
     >    others, and telling them that in this matter if they wanted me
     >    change my vote I absolutely would.
     >    So far the response is unanimously in favor of this motion,
     with the
     >    only corollary being that we get it done then fix the broken
     system.
     >    Which several have volunteered to serve on committees to help
     with.
     >    Now unless the people in my region swamp me with requests to
     change
     > my
     >    vote, I will be withdrawing myself from this pointless
     retreading of
     >    the same arguments.  I have better things to do, like discuss
     actual
     >    fixes so the clusterf*** does not happen again.
     >    John Phillips
     >    Libertarian National Committee Region 6 Representative
     >    Cell [1][93]217-412-5973

     Lnc-business
     >> wrote:
     >>         > I vote yes. Given that the delegates were given the
     choice
     >> at
     >>         > convention just a few short days ago, I believe we
     should
     >>    respect
     >>         that
     >>         > decision.
     >>         >
     >>         > Thanks,
     >>         > Joshua D. Smith
     >>         >
     >>         > On [10][102]2018-07-07 22:23, Caryn Ann Harlos via
     Lnc-business