[Lnc-business] Seeking Co-Sponsors: Motion to set the September Meeting Location

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Thu Jul 19 01:10:48 EDT 2018

And there are liability concerns.

-Caryn Ann

And to preempt Starchild's always rebuttal.  "But what about those Friday
night parties?"  A party is a totally different context and is OPTIONAL.  I
go there were several members of the LNC that I know well, there is zero
chance for conflict, and it is very very short term, a couple of hours at
most.     And each time so far, it has been someone I know.  There may be a
time where I don't go to the Friday party.

Oh my word, I can just see us setting up a projector in someone's house.
Me dragging in a cooler of diet mountain dews and none of us wanting to
snack for fear of being too messy.  And if someone just wants to leave,
rather than a polite excusal and out the door, one has to make a big show
of it and get an uber.  And what about executive session?  We ban guests to
the back yard?  Stand in line for the toilet?

It is very very generous of the Hancock's to offer and NONE of this is
about them.  My frustration is how my concerns have gone ignored by
Starchild for years and just brushed off.  My frustration is that this a
real safety concern for female members of our Party and it is treated by
him like nothing.  He knows my frustration at this.

Business for most people requires a business atmosphere.  I understand that
Starchild is concerned about those uncomfortable in traditional
atmospheres.  You can't please everyone.  Ever.  But I don't think keeping
a custom of business in a business conference room is so outrageous,
particularly considering the safety concerns that ladies who know none of
us will have.

-Caryn Ann

-------------- next part --------------

   [2]https://politics.theonion.com/l-a-efficiency-chosen-as-site-
[...]

     prior to

        [11][14]richard.longstreth at lp.org
        931.538.9300
     References

      1. mailto:[15]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
      2. mailto:[16]whitney.bilyeu at lp.org
      3. mailto:[17]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
      4. mailto:[18]richard.longstreth at lp.org
      5. tel:(931) 538-9300
      6. mailto:[19]richard.longstreth at lp.org
      7. mailto:[20]whitney.bilyeu at lp.org
      8. mailto:[21]lnc-business at hq.lp.org
      9. mailto:[22]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     10. mailto:[23]richard.longstreth at lp.org
     11. mailto:[24]richard.longstreth at lp.org

   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary
   - [25]Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org or Secretary at LP.org.
   Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee - LPedia at LP.org
   A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
   We defend your rights
   And oppose the use of force
   Taxation is theft

   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary
   - [26]Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org or Secretary at LP.org.
   Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee - LPedia at LP.org
   A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
   We defend your rights
   And oppose the use of force
   Taxation is theft

   In Liberty,
   Caryn Ann Harlos
   Libertarian Party and Libertarian National Committee Secretary
   - [27]Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org or Secretary at LP.org.