[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2018-19: AGREE TO "JC" DECISIONS

Alex Merced (LNC Vice Chair) alex.merced at lp.org
Wed Jul 25 20:40:06 EDT 2018

I vote yes, from my understanding this does not appoint them as the judicial committee which if successfully elected by delegates we’d be bound to follow.

Instead this just says the LNC will voluntarily bind itself to the decisions of the top 7 vote getters in matters in which a JC would operate.

This seems to me an effort to self-regulate in a spirit that Best represents an effort to represent the wishes of the delegation to the extent such can be discernible with the existing votes.

This motion does not say they are the JC but just that we will hold their deliberations voluntarily binding in same way we’d be mandatorily bound had they’d successfully been elected.

An unfortunate compromise, but the best one I’ve seen. It isn’t the LNC Creating new powers but voluntarily putting a back stop on its existing ones temporarily since no other backstops exist formally for the time being.

Alex Merced
Vice Chair of the Libertarian National Committee/LP