[Lnc-business] Communication Between National and Affiliates

Lauren Daugherty lauren.daugherty at lp.org
Fri Nov 9 17:33:46 EST 2018

Craig,

I apologize for not calling the leadership in Utah before sending out
the email this morning. It has been on my mind to call them soon. I just
hadn't done it yet.

Staff is doing a million things any given day. Some times in the
election cycle are a bit slower but right now we are still on overdrive,
trying to get election results wrapped up and published, trying to
prepare for the December LNC meeting, bringing in the $ needed to pay
all of the bills, and so much more. We are currently also phasing out
Wes as ED and me in as interim ED. You can imagine also how tired we are
from being on overdrive for months leading up to election day. In short,
we are stretched thin, more so than usual.

Improving communication among all of our folks has been one of my top
priorities since coming on the team 3.5 years ago and we've made
significant strides on that. It will continue to be one of my top
priorities, both as development director and interim ED. I actually had
a conversation with staff about this today.

We still have more work to do on this, as you point out.

Know that I'll continue to work on this, as will the rest of staff. But
please also understand that we are in a situation where we are
constantly having to crank things out at a much faster speed than we
might desire. We have a small team doing a TON of stuff, often with far
less prep time than the staff in other comparable organizations have.

Call me any time if you wish to discuss further.

Lauren

Lauren Daugherty
Development Director
Libertarian National Committee