[Lnc-business] Platform and Bylaws application

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 21:31:10 EST 2017

One additional though on a proposal not being a broad summary - I know some
alt-righters that if they wrote on one topic could sound thoroughly
libertarian.  But if you spoke about their guiding worldview, it definitely
is not.  (alt-right just used as an example because it is a hot topic - but
the nature of libertarianism is that there are some common areas in
isolation with many groups - but the broad scope is markedly different).

When we give these optional suggestions it helps the candidate know what
kinds of things would be helpful, and it helps the committee have an
insight into the candidate in what they choose to submit.

We have to make these decisions based on these applications in large part.
Does anyone plan on calling and interviewing these folks?  Wouldn't you
want as much as possible and give them guidance on things to submit that
would help us?

I would think so.

- Caryn Ann