[Lnc-business] Judicial committee

Sam Goldstein sam.goldstein at lp.org
Thu Jul 5 19:57:03 EDT 2018

Joe,

Arguments are not usually included in LNC motions because they are not
resolutions but calls for action.  I don't think we need to address the
At Large positions because the delegates did express their desire in
that election to suspend the rules despite Ms. Harlos' objections.

I can't remember if the four year JC term passed.  If it did then the
proper motion would read something like this:

"I move to fill the vacant Judicial Committee for a four (or two) year
term with those candidates who finished in the top seven in voting at
the 2018 LP Convention provided each candidate is eligible."

That takes care of the immediate problem.  I don't want to rush into
appointed an Elections Committee since I think the entire process
deserves and in depth discussion at the next LNC meeting.  We don't have
another election for 2 years so let's get it right.

Live Free,

---
Sam Goldstein
Libertarian National Committee